|William J. Turner, Ph.D., CISSP
Vice President, Datacenter Architecture
With over 20 years of consulting experience, Dr. Turner brings extensive knowledge of application architecture, datacenter infrastructure, and business process. His extensive background in banking, security, and government have yielded several well regarded industry standards and noted reference models.
In his career, Dr. Turner served in the United States Army as a cryptographer, as Chief Information Security Officer for JDSU, counter intelligence for NASA, and built a successful consulting business, selling it to Lucent in 2001. Bill taught graduate level classes in engineering, process architecture, and forensics for San Francisco State University for eight years. He currently teaches forensics, fraud detection & prevention, computer security, and accounting audit at the McCombs School of Business, University of Texas in Austin, TX.
Dr. Turner holds several degrees including a Bachelor of Science in Computer Programming from Hobart College, a Master of Science in Mathematics from Trinity, a Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering from Trinity, a Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Psychology from UCSF.
• Authored the Xpede protocol for inter-bank ACH transfer (still in use today)
• Created multiple, standard-setting reference architectures for EDI and other encrypted data transfer
• Participated in application design standards for the Federal Reserve Bank (still in use today)
• Designed several eCommerce platforms for customers (ranging from startup to 50,000+ customers)
• Authored two books on IP routing, and one book on digital forensics
• Author of multiple IETF RFCs including OSPF, and BGP, committee member of EAP, IPSEC, SSL, IPv6
• Designed payment processing systems for: American Express, VISA, Wells Fargo Bank, Chase Bank
• Noted speaker for RSA, Department of Defense, and the Ministry of Defense
• Holds technical certifications from: Cisco, Microsoft, VMWare, Oracle, SUN, Juniper, IEEE, PMI, ISC, ISACA, Checkpoint, ITIL MSI, and RedHat